Avisar de contenido inadecuado

Australian Soldier Involved In Yemen Slaughter

{
}

By Cal Crilly

This week I find it disgusting to be an Australian and the silence of our support for deliberate bloodshed in the Middle East.

On Saturday the Saudi and UAE coalition bombed a hall in Yemen where a funeral was being held with 2000 people.

The death toll so far is 140 with 500 injured but the photos are so grotesque I doubt many of the 2000 will survive.

The news in Australia seems to have downplayed or completely ignored an event near the size of 911 because it is just Yemenis.

The most disgusting thing is that one of our Australian soldiers has become a mercenary for the Saudis and is directing this carnage.

Aiding the Saudis is direct involvement with the prime backers of Islamic State along with America delivering the weapons.

When will it stop and who will speak out about it?

"The United Nations released a statement revealing that the Saudi airstrikes in Yemen's capital, Saana, had killed at least 140 people and injuring a further 525.

Although the statement acknowledged that "violence against civilians in Yemen must immediately stop", it not once mentioned Saudi Arabia...."

18+ Photos: Over 125 killed, 525 injured by Saudi massacre in Yemen

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/18-photos-125-killed-525-injured-saudi-massacre-yemen/

"Mr McGoldrick said aid workers who arrived at the scene had been "shocked and outraged" by Saturday's air strikes.

He also called for an immediate investigation.

The attack targeted the funeral of the father of the rebels' Interior Minister Galal al-Rawishan, an ally of former President Ali Abdullah Saleh.

One rescuer, Murad Tawfiq, described the scene as a "lake of blood", the Associated Press news agency reports.

Graphic photos circulating on social media show charred and mutilated bodies.

The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) said it had prepared 300 body bags.

The ICRC's Rima Kamal told the BBC "several air strikes" had hit the venue where hundreds of civilians had been present."

It is also quite clear that the Saudis are using nuclear weapons in Yemen either supplied by the USA or Israel.

You can see for yourself.

Israeli / Saudi Arabia Tactical Nuclear Strike on Yemen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTE_Eshm2xw

"An Australian citizen is the commander of an elite UAE military force deployed in Yemen as part of the Saudi-led coalition, which human rights groups accuse of war crimes.

Mike Hindmarsh, 59, is a former senior Australian army officer who is publicly listed as commander of the UAE’s Presidential Guard.

The Presidential Guard is a unit of marines, reconnaissance, aviation, special forces and mechanised brigades, according to the US State Department website.

Hindmarsh oversaw the guard’s formation in early 2010 shortly after he took up his estimated $500,000-a-year, tax-free job in Abu Dhabi, where he reports directly to Crown Prince Mohammed bin Zayed al-Nahyan."

"It was announced in 2014 that the UAE was to pay the US Marines $150mn to train the guards. Crown Prince Mohammed bin Zayed was reported to have ordered the force to be instilled with a “warrior ethos”.

Overseeing the development of this elite force has been Hindmarsh, who had a distinguished career in the Australian army before moving to Abu Dhabi.

Hindmarsh served in his home country’s military between 1976 and 2009, during which time he received 11 awards and took part in tours that included deployments to the Middle East.

After first heading up the Australian SAS between January 1997 and January 1999, he moved on to command Australian Special Forces between October 2004 and January 2008, before leading Australian forces in the Middle East from March 2008 until January 2009.

Hindmarsh was based in Baghdad and oversaw the moving of Australia’s regional base to the UAE after their withdrawal from Iraq. Local media reported that during this time Hindmarsh had “dealings at the highest security levels with senior officials and the UAE military”.

Since then Australian troops have been based at the Minhad Air base, and earlier this year then Prime Minister Tony Abbott announced that 600 Australian troops would be sent to the UAE as part of the wider fight against the Islamic State group in Syria and Iraq.

After moving back to Australia from the Middle East, Hindmarsh took up a new role in March 2009 heading up the Army Training Command at Victoria Barracks in Sydney for a salary of $230,000 a year.

However, in October 2009 it was announced that the Australian government had approved Hindmarsh retirement from the army to take up a new role commanding the UAE Presidential Guard.

Military expert Michael Knights said Hindmarsh's role in the guard, reported on Twitter, was a “smart” move by the UAE.

“All GCC (Gulf) states should be doing this. Don’t just buy the best equipment, buy talent too,” he wrote, referring to the Gulf state's huge investment in military hardware.

It would appear that the UAE has followed the principle of bringing in experience to develop the Presidential Guard, as a quick search through LinkedIn throws up numerous results of experienced soldiers - mainly from Australia - who occupy senior roles in the elite force.

Among those working in Abu Dhabi is Peter Butson, a former Australian soldier and intelligence corps officer who since February 2014 has been an adviser to the Presidential Guard.

Scott Corrigan, a former special operations commander in the Australian army, has been a specialist adviser to the Presidential Guard since January 2013. Kevin Dolan is an evaluator for the guard and was previously a warrant officer in both the Australian and British armies. Steve Nichols is another former senior commander in the Australian army who is now in his fifth year as a senior adviser to the guards.

It is not known how many Australians work for the UAE army; however, local media reported at the time of Hindmarsh's appointment that there were "dozens" working in "leadership, training and mentoring roles".

While Australians appear to dominate the foreign contingent of commanders in the Presidential Guard, there are other nationalities who are advising and training the force.

Dizzy Dawson, a former manager at the UK’s Ministry of Defence and an ex-Royal Marine officer, is a senior security adviser to the guard; and American Robert B Cross Sr headed up the UAE Presidential Guard Institute as part of the US Marine Corps training programme.

Responding to critical comments about the UAE employing mercenaries, military expert Knights tweeted: “It is the same business whether for your original state or a new one. A good general can end a war faster, save lives.”

Knights added that employing foreign mercenaries “was a fairly traditional part of conflict before the age of nationalism”.

Revealed: The mercenaries commanding UAE forces in Yemen

http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/mercenaries-charge-uae-forces-fighting-yemen-764309832 

 TAGS:undefined

 

{
}
{
}

Deja tu comentario Australian Soldier Involved In Yemen Slaughter

Identifícate en OboLog, o crea tu blog gratis si aún no estás registrado.

Avatar Tu nombre